Saturday, March 18, 2017

Coke Bottles


Acrylic and Oil on canvas
10 x 10
I don't drink Coke, I never liked it but I always loved the idea of drinking Coke.  It's red and god knows I love red things! So I went out and bought some cute vintage Coke bottles and I painted them.  As I was progressing I backed up and realized I was painting very realistic.  I never really painted realistic because of the time it takes between layers.  I don't have that kind of patience to let paint dry.  So I used Acrylic for the reds and then I was able to paint the writing without having to wait for the drying time!  Genius right?  I like to think so.  So here it is!  I would have to say this is one of my favourite painting I've done.  I'm already taking pictures for my next Coke painting fix!  This stuff is addicting ;)